About this opportunity
- Assisting Group Leader during various activities by supervising the participants.
- Following directions and guidelines outlined by the Group Leader.
- Preparing materials and setting the environment for the activities and packing up after the activities.
- Encouraging participants to interact with one another.
- Encouraging participants to participate in activities.
- Building rapport with both staff and participants.
- Working in accordance with Spectrum Space policies and procedures.
- Record weekly observations, goals and case notes for 3 participants throughout the term and hand in to Group Leader AW OPS F021
- Participant Case Notes (available on group commencement).
- At times if required and applicable to you, providing transport to outings for participants.
- Other similar related tasks as required.
- Ability to autonomously engage participants and assist with set up/ pack up and all group activities.
- Ability to care for children/ teenagers/ young adults with a disability.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Previous experience working with children/ teenagers with special needs.
- Experience in incorporating organisational values into daily interactions.
- Experience, qualification in education support, disability, or similar or working towards it.
Others . Working with Children Check *.
- Ability to work and contribute to the Mission/ Values of Spectrum Space and ability to act in accordance with the standards of behaviour outlined in the Spectrum Space Code of Conduct AW POL P027.
- Term commitment (Minimum 10-week block)
- Must be able to attend excursions during group time
- NDIS Worker Screening
- Working with Children Check
- If Applicable, a current visa - enabling volunteering.
Tuesdays in school term 4.15pm - 6.45pm; or Thursdays in school term 4.15pm - 7.45pm; or Saturdays 12.45pm - 4.15pmSuitable for
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
Spectrum Space will provide you with trainings and inductions prior to volunteering comencementReimbursement
NDIS Worker Screening cost ($11 - volunteer cost), entrance fees for excursions.