About this opportunity
About this position: As an Activist, your main focus in the Wollongong group will be to support the local group in creating impact for ActionAid Australia's campaigns. You will get a chance to connect with a group of like-minded people who are passionate about campaigning for women's rights globally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attending regular meetings every 3-4 weeks with the local ActionAid group.
- Assisting in the planning, coordination and execution of events and campaign activities.
- Contributing to the shared strategy of the local ActionAid group and supporting the evaluation of this strategy.
- Get the opportunity to attend trainings and webinars to develop your skills and knowledge around the campaign and community organising.
- 2-3 hours hours a week to dedicate to this role.
- Computer literacy and ability to use communication methods such as phone, Facebook, and email.
- A demonstrated commitment and passion for women’s rights; and adherence to the principles of feminist leadership.
- Respect for ActionAid’s independence and an ability to work within this ethos.
- Passion for social justice and the role that everyday people can play to achieve a fairer and more equitable world.
Please email Wollongong Group Coordinator Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a small paragraph outlining why you are interested in this role.
Women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
Once a week, for 2-4 hours. Minimum 6 months commitment.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Fundraising & Events