About this opportunity
This role is responsible for:
- Providing strategic direction and leadership to Amnesty International Australia on refugee rights and anti-racism campaigns
- Collaborating with project teams on campaign development, planning and implementation
- Attending a majority of meetings or nominating an agreed proxy,
- Championing select campaigns that a member has been working on, within and outside of work areas (this may include, at key moments, speaking publicly about the campaign in the media or other public speaking opportunities. All relevant media engagement activities will be facilitated and supported by Amnesty’s national media team.)
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Approx 2 hours per week (The SAG will meet once every two months at an agreed mutually convenient time for a period of one hour, but may have other tasks/communications in between meetings, with flexibility)Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
Support from Refugee Campaigners and Impact Volunteer Coordinator