About this opportunity
About this position: As a Social Wellbeing Coordinator, your main focus will be on the social wellbeing of the activists in the Wollongong ActionAid group. You will be responsible for leading and organising social events that focuses on solidarity, intersectional feminism and self-care.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Attending monthly meetings with the Wollongong ActionAid group.
- Leading in the planning, coordination and execution of social events (such as picnics, feminist book clubs, womxn conversation circles, etc.).
- Energise the group and create a space of connection and growth.
- Organising elements of self-care into the group meetings.
- Maintaining the connection of the group through communication channels.
- A time commitment of at least six months or ideally a year, up to four hours a week
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with people from diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Active listening skills and the ability to make people feel heard and develop their confidence.
- The ability to work as a member of the team.
- Computer literacy and ability to use phone and email systems.
- Respect for ActionAid’s independence and an ability to work within this ethos.
- A demonstrated commitment and passion for women’s rights; and adherence to the principles of feminist leadership.
- Passion for social justice and the role that everyday people can play to achieve a fairer and more equitable world.
Please email Wollongong Group Coordinator Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a small paragraph outlining why you are interested in this role.
Women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
Once a week, for 2-4 hours. Minimum 6 months commitment.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Fundraising & Events