About this opportunity
You will develop fundraising strategies. You will implement necessary fundraising guidelines in line with state and national laws. You will identify potential regular donors. You will grow our overall donations. You will be responsible for:
- Raising funds for our cause, including setting annual and project targets
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organisation to them
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Assist in planning and coordinating fundraising events
- Help create marketing materials, to be used for the promotion of fundraising events and projects
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis
- Maintain financial records of donations and fundraisng activities
- Collaborate with other organisations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
Skills and experience
With the focus on raising funds for the organisation, any of the following skills would be highly regarded:
- Previous fundraising experience, from campaigns, to events to sourcing donations
- An understanding or ability to learn the applicable state laws
- Writing skills, including the use of correct grammar and expression
- Process improvement and coordination
- Interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to engage with colleagues both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Deadline-oriented with time management and task prioritisation skills
- Problem solving skills with an ability to work autonomously, but as an effective team member to achieve the organisations goals
- Knowledge of the environment and/or waste and recycling sector
About No More Butts No More Butts is taking action on the single biggest contributor to litter in Australia and around the world - cigarette butts. Made from cellulose acetate, cigarette butts are not biodegradable and leach harsh chemicals into the natural environment. It has been reported to take 15 years for a cigarette butt to break down in seawater, causing damage to marine life and has the ability to enter the food chain as a microplastic. Cigarettes are also considered to be a major contributor towards fires.
Based in Queensland, Australia, No More Butts is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for Profits Commission. It holds a Deductible Gift Recipient status, having been entered onto the Register of Environmental Organisations in 2020.
Our vision is a Butt Free Environment. We have a serious cause, BUTT, we do like to be a bit cheeky.
As a volunteer with No More Butts, you will be contributing your valuable time to an incredible cause. By volunteering with us, you will help build awareness and create solutions to protect our natural environment by assisting in the reduction of cigarette butt litter.
If your background and passion suit our purpose and culture, we'd love you to apply. We will review and reply to all applicants, whether successful or not. Successful applicants would require a video interview, where you will be asked some questions and asked to showcase your previous experience relating to your application, such as social pages, press releases, grant submissions, database management.
As an ongoing commitment, we’d prefer a minimum of 8 hours a week, at your own schedule. Additional hours may be required initially and we are open to flexible arrangements. Whilst we have listed this as a ‘Regular – more than 6 months’ opportunity, this could be extended. We know things may change, but preference will be given to those who believe they can commit to 6 months initially, so we can build a strong team and consistent messaging.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
Whilst no formal training is planned, you will be volunteering with other people who have a variety of experience who would be willing to provide mentoring to the successful applicant.Reimbursement
Expenses relating directly to your volunteer position that are pre-approved by the Board will be reimbursed.