About this opportunity
The Central Acute Services Building (CASB) - next to the existing Westmead Hospital and The Children's Hospital at Westmead - will serve western Sydney's health needs for generations to come.
We require volunteers in the first 2 weeks to guide patient families from the old emergency room to the new CASB building.
NB To apply for this role please follow the link which will be provided by return email when expressing interest online.
Volunteers will be supplied with a volunteer Tshirt to wear during their shift and information about the new building.
The new hospital building includes:
- Two new emergency departments (one for adults and one for children)
- Digital operating theatres
- Inpatient units with comfortable, modern patient bedrooms
- Expanded, state of the art pharmacy and medical imaging services
- Cardiac inpatient units
- Sterilising service
- A NSW infectious diseases unit
- A new helipad
- One-and-a-half floors occupied by the University of Sydney
The new entry plaza and forecourt features:
- Landscaped green spaces
- Connection points to the Parramatta Light Rail and the future Sydney Metro West
The overall design:
- Has more spaces with natural light
- Pays tribute to our indigenous history, with artwork and spaces of respect for Aboriginal culture
- Has education, training and research areas embedded into every floor
- Connected to the new hospital building is the Westmead Innovation Centre, which is also part of the $1 billion Westmead Redevelopment
Volunteers will be supported with COVID safe practices including screening, Access to hand santiser and masks supplied.
Shifts will be 7.30am to 12pm or 11.30am to 4pm on the following days: Tues 9.3.21, Wed 10.3.21, Thurs 11.3.21, Fri 12.3.21, Mon 15.3.21 to Fri 19.3.21
30 volunteers are required for each shift.
- Assisting families when accessing hospital for their children.
- Working with a great team
- Supporting an important service
4 hour shifts 7.30am to 12pm or 11.30am to 4pm 9-12 March and 15-19 MarchSuitable for
- Groups of 10 or more
- Fundraising & Events
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
Full Training provided