About this opportunity
PTW is a 100% volunteer run and operated international aid organization. Our aim is to provide the world with access to quality education and facilitating healthier lifestyles. Through a network of skilled volunteers, we deliver a range of health and education initiatives at the individual, community, and global level. For more than a decade PTW has utilised emerging technologies to deliver our health and education initiatives, meeting the needs of an increasingly connected world.
The Social Media Manager role will be responsible for the development of social media strategy along with the creation, execution, and measurement of tactical activity. Community management and customer service will also be a focus of this role. Reporting to the General Manager Marketing - Digital, the role will lead change through results-driven innovation, optimisation programs and strong engagement with internal stakeholders. This position is suited to someone with high energy, strong communications skills, strong management and leadership skills, and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
This is a virtual and remote role, where the successful candidate is required to be available to conduct the relevant functions on a regular basis. Reliable access to internet, and a computer, in line with OHS workplace guidelines is essential.
Role Opportunity and Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for overseeing all PTW’s social media accounts and posted content including:
- Manage and lead a small team of social media editors
- Develop and implement social media strategy
- Develop and manage content calendar across channels, leading internal teams to contribute to planning
- Generate, edit, publish, amplify and optimise content to drive engagement, including management of paid campaigns to maximise reach and effectiveness
- Development of campaign plans and reports, including setting of specific objectives reporting on results, insights, recommendations and opportunities for innovation
- Development of social media dashboard and metrics to help drive insight and actions
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive campaign effectiveness, and champion an understanding and adoption of social media within the business
- Deliver agreed KPIs including reach, engagement and conversion metrics, as well as community management and customer service response times and outcomes
- Develop and implement a streamlined customer response model for customer service delivery and platform moderation
- Develop and implement plan to identify and respond to social media crises including; monitoring, responding, risk mitigation, post event reporting and stakeholder escalation/engagement
- Review, recommend and implement new tools as required
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media
- Seek out training opportunities for tools and new technologies for self and team members
- Coach and manage development for team members
- Professional experience in a Marketing & Communications role
- Professional experience in leadership and management
- Experience using design applications (E.g. Photoshop, Canva, DaVinci Resolve)
- Experience in social media management or a similar role in developing and executing strategy
- Possess a deep understanding of all social platforms with proven results in increasing traffic, awareness, follower growth and engagement
- Experience in influencer management, strategy and budgets
- Deep understanding of the full marketing mix and the role social plays within own, earned and paid strategies
- Passion for start-ups and enjoyment in a fast-paced, dynamic role
This is a multi-faceted role that requires someone who is passionate about the social landscape, the power of content, understands visual identity requirements whilst also knowing when to use their creativity and think outside the box.
You will be proactive in relationship and project management and hands-on with strong capabilities across all elements of social media, from digital brand strategy, content development, community engagement and social media advertising.
Working within the brand image and policies & procedures, you will have the opportunity to be creative and work with clients to implement new campaigns, ideas and activations that hit their targets.
What You Can Look Forward To When You Join Us:
• Body Learn and develop from other professionals and leaders in the industry • Have the opportunity to be empowered to changing lives • Be part of a like-minded team of volunteers from all over the world • Attend all PTW Community Engagement events for free • Flexible volunteering opportunities • Feeling satisfied and positive that you’re volunteer efforts are contributing to improving the health and education of those who need it
3 Hours Per Week Minimum Flexibility on days/times per week Online/RemoteSuitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Marketing, Media & Communications