About this opportunity
Little Athletics is a uniquely Australian community sport for children aged 5-16 years. The sport aims to develop children of all abilities by promoting positive attitudes and a healthy lifestyle through family and community involvement in athletic activities. The sport's motto is "Family Fun & Fitness"; its a common catchcry is "Be Your Best".
Volunteer involvement is a critical part of Little Athletics.
The State Combined Carnival is held on the first full weekend in March each year. It is a major event on the Little Athletics NSW annual calendar. This year's event will be held at Beaton Park, Wollongong on Saturday and Sunday, 6 & 7 March 2021. Online Training will be provided for this role a link will be provided to you by return email when you submit your interest in this position.
This role of COVID Marshal & Member Engagement at this event will involve:
- Welcoming and assisting people as they arrive at the event
- Supervision of gate entry and exit, QR codes & hand sanitiser
- Promoting on-field compliance and equipment cleaning
- Encouraging social distancing
- Helping to erect posters and signage
- Ensuring availability of hand sanitiser and wipes
- Contributing to a welcoming, positive environment
The team of COVID Marshal & Member Engagement volunteers will work under the supervision of two full-time Little Athletics NSW staff members. Volunteers will need to be 18 +.
- Have a role in helping kids return to sport
- Contribute to the successful staging of a major junior sports carnival that delivers positive social and community outcomes.
- Work as part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team
- Engage and connect with members of the Little Athletics community
Refreshments and a meal/meal allowance will be provided.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
7am-12pm & 12pm-5pm shiftsType of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Sport & Physical Activity
Online COVID-19 infection control training