About this opportunity
This is a great opportunity for someone with good clerical and administrative skills to join the The Salvation Army Noarlunga Corps team, gaining experience and making connections.
The volunteer 'Administrator of Volunteers' role provides operational support through administration services as required. This role also ensures volunteers are appropriately recruited, checked, engaged and retained and appropriate databases are maintained and kept up-to-date.
Come join our collaborative and fun team!
A Day in this volunteer role will see you:
- Undertake general office duties including data entry, photocopying of documents.
- Respond to or redirect emails to the appropriate personnel.
- Typing of documents, preparing spread-sheets, retrieving of information and data using current computer packages.
- Provide coordination and assistance for local volunteers, including recruitment, checking, induction and retention in coordination with the Manager and relevant paperwork and databases are kept up-to-date.
- Support the Manger in choosing correct start date for each volunteer and with other tasks as directed.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information.
To succeed in this volunteer role, you will need to be conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel and be an efficient typist. You will have a positive and friendly disposition with an excellent phone manner and be a quick learner with a high attention to detail and be task orientated. You will need to be reliable, trustworthy and respectful of the differing views and rights of others, and be able to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to improve upon their administrative skills, or retain skills and utilise their administration experience to further the good work of The Salvation Army.
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Integrity Checks (Police Check & WWCC) will be required
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules, and any other training as required
Roster & Time Commitment
- As agreed with the Manager.
- Please advise your availability in your expression of interest.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
As agreed with the Manager.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
Orientation and induction provided