About this opportunity
- Greet clients in a warm and welcoming manner
- Maintain and respect a client’s right to privacy and self-determination.
- Undertake a holistic assessment of the client’s needs in order to provide the most appropriate assistance.
- Advocate and negotiate with or on behalf of client when required.
- Maintain accurate client records and data
- Work within a team environment
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Understanding of support services
- Good listening and communication skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Commitment to continue to build upon knowledge and experience by attending meetings or training.
Minimum of 1 x 3 hour shift per week on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Up to 12 hours per week.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Seniors & Aged Care