About this opportunity
Volunteers help with:
- Bringing the horses in from the paddocks.
- Grooming and saddling horses.
- Leading the horse and rider during the lesson.
- Walking alongside a horse and rider.
- Encouraging the rider during a lesson.
- Feeding and caring for the horses.
We also have other jobs such as:
- Gardening and tidying up around the grounds
- Cleaning water troughs and taking hay out to the paddocks.
- Making up buckets of feed
- Cleaning of saddles and bridles
- General maintenance around the property
- Helping with pony rides at local fetes and events.
No experience with horses is necessary. We hold New Volunteer training sessions throughout the year and new volunteers are required to attend, before working with the horses.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Age range for volunteers is 14 – 85 years. (Under 18s require parents’ permission).
• All adult volunteers need a ‘Volunteer Police Check’. Checks available through the Capricorn office ($16.50). (If you choose to apply online, it will cost you $55).
• Adult volunteers who help with the children’s lessons need to apply for a ‘Working
with Children Card’ ($11, Application forms available at a Post Office).
You can choose any day to help with the lessons, and you can vary the day each week. A regular commitment of at least one morning or afternoon per week for at least one term is required, in order to adequately train our volunteers.Suitable for
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Working with Animals