About this opportunity
Katu Katu Inc is a not for profit organisation established by a small group of passionate and caring leaders and entrepreneurs. The word Katu Katu means to rise and higher ground in the western desert Aboriginal dialect, Warlpiri language. It is a positive word which is comparative to ‘glass half full’ in English.
At Katu Katu, we work to raise awareness of complex mental health issues. We provide a safe and serene environment for people to disconnect from the stresses of everyday urban life, to share and learn in the natural Australian landscape. The home of Katu Katu Inc is located in the heartland of the famous Yarra Ranges, where we take advantage of the safe and nourishing bushland to organise our workshops. Our programs draw knowledge from the rich and various historic Indigenous cultures from around Australia, native foods, contemporary art, ancient and modern farming practises are all part of the learning and healing process incorporate into our program.
Your Key Contributions
- You’ll be invited to our farm and workshops, including bush walks, foraging native edible plants, art workshops.
- You can choose to work from home after visiting the location or you may work directly on site
- You will use your creativity to help us convert ideas to self-explanatory graphics, as well as create engaging content for our social media channels.
- You’ll be creating GIFs for the newsletter, video for website, images for social posts, posters, flyers, and anything that you’d love to create, such as into modern social media platforms.
- Passionate about engaging people and advocating ideas with visual design content
- Understand social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Able to contribute at least 3 hours per week
How to apply
Please email us some sample of your previous work together with your CV to [email protected]
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing