About this opportunity
The Women's Shed is a community project where local women can build skills and connect with others. We are looking for volunteers who can assist our facilitator and help our community learn basic woodworking skills. You will work in a team environment.
In this role, you will meet interesting people and become an important part of our friendly community.
- work with community to practice and gain confidence in learning new skills which may include working with wood, tiling, mosaic work
- Show participants how to use tools safely
- contribute to designing term classes and activities
- Set up and clean up space with other volunteers as directed by Facilitator
- Take photos and share them with Facilitator and Mernda Community House
- Other duties as directed by Facilitator
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
-You have Certificate III in Carpentry/Joinery/Cabinet Making or equivalent experience
-You have woodworking skills and know how to use tools safely.
-You are a good communicator who is patient and willing to repeat over and over again.
-You are a supportive and encouraging person.
-You can respectfully teach people from diverse backgrounds
-You are able to work independently.
-Experience in working with multicultural community is highly regarded.
-You hold current First Aid Level 2 Certificate or you are willing to obtain one.
- At least 6 months. Fortnightly on Friday 10.30-12.30pm.
Fortnightly on Friday 10.30-12.30pm.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Arts, Craft & Photography
orientation and training required