About this opportunity
Friends with Dignity is a volunteer based not-for-profit registered charity that provides practical programs to assist survivors of domestic violence in collaboration with refuge and crisis centres. We work alongside these and other organisations, recognising that our mutual goal is to reduce the instances of domestic violence in Australia.
Built on the foundation that change is effected through community engagement, our dedicated and passionate team of Volunteers are committed to making a difference within our Community, and changing the lives of those affected.
We recognise that domestic violence does not discriminate. It affects men, women and children irrespective of race, ethnicity or socio-economic standing. All of our programs are gifted unconditionally, on referral, to any individual or family seeking assistance. We do not charge the Victims we assist nor the supporting organisations and refuges who refer their clients to us.
Our programs encourage individuals, groups and organisations to actively initiate change by providing tangible ways in which we all can Step Up, Speak Out and Support. Beyond raising awareness of domestic violence, we invite all Australians to join us in supporting survivors of domestic violence as we work towards building a nation free from domestic violence.
We are currently looking to appoint a Volunteer National Events Manager.
As the National Events Manager you will lead the planning and delivery of a high-quality national events program to support FWD’s objectives and fundraising initiatives. These deliverables relate to events on the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Perth and moving forward into other demographics in line with our national expansion program.
·To strategically plan and execute the FWD national events program.
·Oversee and manage State Based Events Coodinators and assist with recruitment for these roles as required
Secure guest speakers and entertainment; review speeches, write scripts, coordinate rehearsals.
· Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies/decorations, coordinate audiovisual equipment & operation · Organise and lead collaboration with the Marketing Team on event concept, graphic design/ production/ printing, and event marketing. · Act as the main point of contact with key stakeholders involved in national events. · Oversee and initiate donations of raffle prize / auction items in consultation with Marketing and Promotions Department
• A proven track record in successfully organising national and/or local events.
• Highly developed project and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities, and plan and organise complex tasks.
• Exemplary stakeholder relations skills and demonstrable experience in working effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience with integrating marketing & sponsorship into event planning and execution
• Prior experience coordinating large and smaller special events
• Experience in managing VIPs, executives and keynote speakers, where relevant
• Budget management and negotiation skills.
If you have the right experience and are able to commit to volunteering some of your time to this role, to make a huge difference to the community, please send your resume. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
National Police Certificate *.
Negotiable - we value all our volunteers time. To organize events requires a commitment.Suitable for
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers