About this opportunity
Community Information and Support Yarra Rangers is a not for profit community based organisation that provides information, advice, referral and emergency relief to those in need within our community. We provide practical assistance, advocacy and support to people who are experiencing financial or personal hardship.
Our volunteer community support workers provide support within the agency and have the following key duties:
• Greet clients in a warm and welcoming manner • Maintain and respect a client’s right to privacy and self-determination. • Undertake a holistic assessment of the client’s needs in order to provide the most appropriate assistance. • Advocate and negotiate with or on behalf of client when required. • Maintain accurate client records and data • Work within a team environment • Understanding of support services
The role of the Senior Experienced Volunteer Community Support Worker will be to • Assist in providing guidance and mentorship to the community support workers • Role model strong conflict resolution and management of incidents • Identifying needs of volunteers and provide support, including the adherence to the agency procedures • Develop strong working relationships with volunteers and clients and other local support services • Will also include some client work.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• A desire to help vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community
• Good listening and communication skills
• Must be confident and able to be assertive and strong in challenging situations
• Computer literacy skills
• National Police Certificate and Working with Children Check
• Commitment to continue to build upon knowledge and experience by attending meetings or training.
12 month commitment. Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9.30 am – 12.30 pm and/or 12.30 – 3.30 pm (minimum of one 3-hour shift per week)Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
On the job training and mentoring