About this opportunity
The South Asian Women’s driving program will be delivered by Whittlesea Community Connections. The program will support women from a CALD background including women’s from all faith, cultures and Languages.
Furthermore, this program is available to CALD women who do not hold a learners permit or do not have a Victorian driver’s license. The program aims to provide information on Victorian road rules, highlights key road safety concerns, rights and responsibilities under the Australian licensing system. This course aims to increase participants’ awareness of road rules, road safety and promotes safer driving in the community.
To use WCC vehicle for driving sessions
• To have a valid driving license at all times.
• Ability to supervise/coach adult CALD background women in the driving session.
• To report and file for any accidents if taken place.
DURATION AND TIME COMMITMENT:
• Starting from Feb 2021- Until July 2021. • Able to offer two hours a week for six months.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
VOLUNTEER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Volunteer driver needs to have a full license with no restrictions.
• Be 25 years and above
• Ability to work with people from CALD backgrounds
• Have a willingness to share and learn new skills with other people.
• Able to offer two hours a week for six months.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Driving & Transportation
orientation and training required