About this opportunity
Within this role you will support DIVRS’ Emergency Relief Program with the smooth running of its food program.
There is also the opportunity to work as a food relief driver. You will support program collect and transport weekly food orders from Foodbank Victoria and Secondbite to our DIVRS site.
*DIVRS is an approved Centrelink voluntary work agency. We encourage anyone needs to complete 15 hours’ volunteer work a week to apply.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
We are looking for people who have:
• An interest in food security and sustainable practices, waste reduction and community engagement.
•General good health and ability to be able to complete jobs which requires some lifting.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• An organised and efficient approach to work
• The ability to work independently and within a team
• A genuine desire to support the local community
• Food handling certificate (desired but not essential)
• Experience in retail and hospitality (desired but not essential)
• Valid Drivers License (desired but not essential)
The position is on a voluntary basis. · We are looking for people to support us one day per week for a 4 hour shift. · The term of this volunteer position is subject to performance and the needs of the organisation. · It is expected that both parties provide two weeks’ notice regarding leave and changes to availability. This must be provided to the Coordinator in writing. · Immediate termination can also occur due to unsatisfactory conduct or breech of our policies or procedures.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
- Safety & Emergency Services