About this opportunity
Community Information and Support Yarra Rangers is a not for profit community based organisation that provides information, advice, referral and emergency relief to those in need within our community. They provide resources and support to people on low incomes who are experiencing financial or personal hardship.
Volunteer Community Support Workers provide support within the agency and have the following key duties:
• Greet clients in a warm and welcoming manner • Maintain and respect a client’s right to privacy and self-determination. • Undertake a holistic assessment of the client’s needs in order to provide the most appropriate assistance. • Advocate and negotiate with or on behalf of client when required. • Maintain accurate client records and data • Work within a team environment • Understanding of support services
This position would also suit current students of either Community Services or Social Work who have completed their first placement and would like valuable experience in the field.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• A desire to help vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community
• Good listening and communication skills
• Computer literacy skills
• National Police Certificate and Working with Children Check
• Commitment to continue to build upon knowledge and experience by attending meetings or training.
12 month commitment. Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9.30 am – 12.30 pm and/or 12.30 – 3.30 pm (minimum of one 3-hour shift per week)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
On the job training and mentoring