About this opportunity
Our small charity is looking for a Social Media Officer to assist us with posting news and information, as well as promotional and fundraising content.
This is an online role with no set hours.
Contribution hours will ideally be 1 hour per day, however this is flexible and we will be grateful for a few hours a week or month, with tasks shared with other volunteers who may be in this role and assisting.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is a volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
Assist with light and simple tasks such as:
- Creating marketing and promotional content
- Schedule posts on behalf of others
- Polish and post news and content on behalf of others
- Plan posts and content
- Creating some lightweight social media graphics (you don’t need to be a graphic designer)
- Analytics and reporting of posts, ads, and accounts
- Record keeping and admin related to our social media
- Some light market and online research
- Reply to any post comments that are within your remit, or on behalf of others
- Marketing or communications degree, and relevant employment experience, would both be desirable.
- Someone who is ‘always lingering online’ and engaged in social media platforms and personal use, able to check in daily or every few days to post new content and keep an eye on things.
- Personal laptop and internet access.
3 to 7 hours per week. Flexible. No set hours.Suitable for
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing