About this opportunity
Accept responsibility of maximum two dogs, both on leash, from a consumer, for a walk of 30-40 minutes.
Embrace the requirements of the Aged Care Standards and Charter of Aged Care Rights
Report changes observed in the health and wellbeing of consumers, where relevant, to Volunteer Services Coordinator or Director of Care
Represent The District Nurses in accordance with organisational values and standards in relation to presentation and customer service
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
1. Demonstrated experience in handling dogs of various sizes and breeds
2. Good mobility and a level of fitness to walk up hill and on uneven terrain
3. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to interact with older persons
4. A positive approach to ageing
5. Ability to adapt and remain calm and positive when things are not going to plan
6. Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and manage time effectively
7. Demonstrated awareness of workplace health and safety practices
Other essential requirements:
1. Willingness to participate in the TDN flu vaccination program 2021 or to provide TDN with
evidence of flu vaccination in 2021.
2. Commitment to participating in TDN induction program and any agreed ongoing training
3. Commitment to availability
By negotiation upon engagement - flexibleType of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Working with Animals
Commitment to participating in TDN induction program and any agreed ongoing training