About this opportunity
Duties of the Volunteer Victim Assistance Worker - Office/Projects are varied and matched individually to a volunteers skills and interests. Some of these duties may include:
- Provide emotional support using a strengths-based approach that demonstrates active listening, empathy, reassurance and offers appropriate support options
- Accompany Victims of Crime NT staff on client visits
- Providing general support to victims, their families and prosecution witnesses during their contact with the court and justice system through our court support program.
- Represent VoCNT at shows, expos and community activities to promote awareness of the organisation’s services
- Assist in the facilitation and administration of support activities for victims
- Work with allocated staff members on projects that are aligned with volunteer skills and experience eg. Planning an event, analysis of crime statistics
- Research funding opportunities and assist with submission writing for identified projects
- Attend VoCNT Volunteer Skills Workshops and other volunteer activities to maintain learning and skills
For a full copy of the position description, please submit an expression of interest and we will be in touch.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about making a difference in their community. The ability to interact with empathy and sensitivity to a diverse range of people who are impacted by a crime is essential.
Well developed oral and written communication skills and time management / organisation skills will also make you stand out for this role.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
All training provided,