About this opportunity
- Ensuring our students are safe and feel heard through ongoing short check-ins
- Attending face to face tutoring opportunities in Naremburn to supervise
- Attending tutor-student sessions to ensure the safety of young people online
- Participation and communication with Youth in Motion Learning Project team (including attendance at weekly/fortnightly zoom meetings)
- Current Senior First Aid or willing to obtain
- Experience working with young people (e.g. teacher/former teacher, Youth Work Cert IV or equivalent qualification or working towards, counsellor, child/adolescent psychologist)
- Valid Volunteer Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- Value diversity, intersectionality, social justice, and sustainability
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Lived experience with aspects of marginalisation or hardship
- Prior youth work experience, particularly with disadvantaged/at-risk youth
- Connections/prior experience with not-for-profit organisations, particularly with youth-focused operations
- Availability on Wednesday's to supervise face to face sessions in Naremburn 2064
Organisational background: Youth in Motion started in 2016 as a pilot program, The Learning Project, at Naremburn School, supporting local school students who were disadvantaged or at-risk of disengaging from education. The Learning Project has now pivoted to an online model due to Covid restrictions, which has allowed us to reach more young people and tutors.
Benefits of volunteering: In this role, you are connecting with both students and tutors as well as contributing to the future of a young and passionate organisation. This role provides valuable experience for anyone interested in youth work and/or working in a start-up or not-for-profit organisation.
Impact: By being a consistent, committed and supportive presence in a young person's life, you show them their worth and value and empower them to do their best.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Volunteering time is generally 5-7 hours/ week. Activities include student and tutor check-ins as well as sitting in on first student-tutor sessions. Attendance at weekly management meetings is also required.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching