About this opportunity
Rockdale Wetlands run from the Cooks River to Sans Souci and have been identified as critically important habitat for the local declining flora and fauna species.
The corridor is surprisingly home to key fish breeding habitat, 7 Endangered Ecological Communities and 28 fauna species listed as threatened or migratory in the area. The parklands also attract birdwatches and nature study groups while also supporting a range of other recreational activities with extensive cycling tracks, sporting fields, tennis courts and playgrounds used by the community.
We can't wait to show you what's been hiding in plain sight this whole time!
- Friday 26 February
- Saturday 13 March
- Wednesday 24 March
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Registrations on our website are essential. We will send you a link with more information on how to register once you submit a SEEK volunteer application.
- You are required to make your own way to and from the worksite.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out (this looks great on a resume)
NOTE: All volunteers will be required to answer a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to participating.
Please wear sturdy shoes/boots, long pants, and long sleeve shirts. Hats, sunscreen, and water are a must.
This event will commence onsite at 9am and finish at 2.30pm on Monday 25 January 2021.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Garden Maintenance
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
No prior experience necessary. Team Leaders will provide volunteers with safety inductions and training.Reimbursement