About this opportunity
Londonderry Woodland Reserve is a vital remnant of the critically endangered Cumberland Plain Woodland! It is very special because it is one of the only local examples of mature native vegetation, with grand old trees providing habitat for local wildlife and a diverse understorey of rare herbs, orchids and grasses. Rickaby’s Creek also runs through the reserve which provides a migration corridor for wildlife, as it links pockets of Cumberland Plain Woodland from the north-east to its termination at the Wianamatta Nature Reserve in the south-east. Conservation Volunteers Australia are conducting weed maintenance to improve the values of the reserve and ensure its protection in perpetuity. Volunteers will engage in bush regeneration activities, weed removal, watering newly planted endangered plant species, flora and fauna surveys, habitat improvements, bird watching and water quality monitoring.
- Thursday 15 April
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Registrations on our website are essential. We will send you a link with more information on how to register once you submit a SEEK volunteer application.
- You are required to make your own way to and from the worksite.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out (this looks great on a resume!)
NOTE: All volunteers will be required to answer a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to participating.
Please wear sturdy shoes/boots, long pants, and long sleeve shirts. Hats, sunscreen, lunch and water are a must.
This event will commence onsite at 9am and finish at 2.30pm .Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Education & Training
- Garden Maintenance
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
No prior experience necessary! Team Leaders will provide volunteers with safety inductions and training.