About this opportunity
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of DonateDirect.
As a Donation Coordinator, key duties would include:
- Responding to requests by donors to donate their items
- Liaising with donors about their donations
- Responding to requests by our community partners (charities and community service providers) who are looking to obtain essential household items for their clients
- Liaising with our community partners about donations
- Matching donated items (from donors with what is being requested by our community partners)
- Responding to a variety of emails that include questions about donating through DonateDirect
- Managing inventories spreadsheets
- Managing spreadsheets of community partners who are authorised to use the DonateDirect service
- Managing social media posts (Facebook, Instagram) and writing newsletters
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience working for other not for profit organisations
- Excellent computer skills including in-depth knowledge of online spreadsheets for managing data
- Knowledge of how to acquire and manipulate images/photos
- Ability to work with mail merge / CRM programs (eg., Mailchimp; Hubspot)
- Knowledge of Facebook and Instagram
- Understanding of HTML language would also be an advantage
As a volunteer you would have the experience of being a part of a growing organisation and have the satisfaction of assisting people in need to obtain essential household items, and in turn improving their well being and quality of life.
Training provided: Donation coordinators will have an initial orientation session (may be via ‘Zoom’ or F2F) with the DonateDirect staff. This orientation session will cover DonateDirect’s vision, mission, and values and as well as information about how to coordinate and match donations. This initial orientation session will take approximately 1-2 hours. Ongoing training and support will then be provided as needed.
Time required: Flexible. Approximately 1-2 hours per day, two to three days per week.
Note: you will need to be a resident of Victoria to express interest in this volunteer position. Work can be undertaken from home.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
You will be required to submit a CV (including 2 referees) and a cover letter about why you want to work with DonateDirect. If you are successful in this process, a Police Check and WWCC will be needed before you can start volunteering with DonateDirect. These are quick and easy to obtain and are not costly. We can give you information on how to apply for these.
Approximately 1-2 hours per day, 2-3 days per week.Suitable for
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
Initial Orientation session (1-2 hours), then as needed.