About this opportunity
- Are you passionate and committed to doing your part to save lives, speed recovery and serve the communities of Australia?
- Do you want to be a part of the team at CareFlight?
- Become a CareFlight volunteer, and help us keep our aircraft in the sky and our doctors treating critically ill and injured patients, today!
CareFlight, is an aeromedical charity that has been saving lives, speeding recovery and serving the community for over 34 years. We are committed to being there for the community in their critical moments, providing the highest standard of rapid response critical care. CareFlight is reaching over 8,500 patients each year, through our diverse range of services. Our volunteers are instrumental in making this possible whether it be working in an administrative role or on the front-line with the community.
About this role:
CareFlight is seeking the support of reliable, trustworthy and enthusiastic volunteers to assist the Philanthropy department in the placement, distribution and collection of donation tins across New South Wales, including;
- Sydney and its northern and western corridor
- Port Macquarie
- Coffs Harbour
- Central Coast
- Distribution of new donation tins to local host businesses, clubs etc;
- Collection and replacement of full donation tins;
- Counting and banking of donated funds into the CareFlight bank account at an agreed local bank branch, or delivering full donation tins to local CareFlight staff (where available);
- Providing CareFlight information and general liaison support to the local donation tin hosts;
- Providing basic reports (by email) to CareFlight’s Philanthropy Team on the donation tins placed/collected, funds banked, host feedback, issues for resolution etc;
- Identifying new local businesses, clubs etc as potential donation tin hosts or members of CareFlight’s broader Club CareFlight business supporter program. These potential supporters will be approached either by the volunteer or CareFlight’s Philanthropy Team;
- Meeting monthly with CareFlight’s Relationship Development Manager (Philanthropy Team), on phone, online platform or in person, to provide mutual updates on current activities, opportunities and issues for resolution.
The ideal volunteer will have:
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of their local area, community and businesses
- A current driver’s licence and access to their own motor vehicle.
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Be able to work independently and without direct supervision
- Ability to safely carry full donation tins – up to 4kg
- Be aged 18 or older
- Access to a secure personal email account for communication with CareFlight.
By joining the volunteer community at CareFlight you are helping to get lifesaving services to those who need it the most, when they need it the most. All while working in a fun exciting workplace, with a team of people that really put the fun in fundraising. You will get the opportunity to build new skills, develop your existing and hone in on some of your old ones.
Join the CareFlight volunteer community today!
Register your interest here or email email@example.com and our team will be in contact with you to discuss the specific roles we have available for you and get to ready to start working with CareFlight!
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
4-6 Hour each week or fortnight.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Retail & Sales
Petrol Costs, measured by recorded kilometres travelled