About this opportunity
Who We Are
FOXG1 Foundation Australia is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of FOXG1 and trying to find a cure for FOXG1. By studying FOXG1, we can also understand to prevent or cure diseases such as autism, Alzheimer's, epilepsy, and schizophrenia.
About The Role FoxG1 Foundation Australia is looking for a self-driven and committed CEO to propose and implement strategic content in regards to the growth of the foundation. You will require to show your engaging and intellectual abilities to empower FoxG1 among other not for profit organisations, government agencies and external stakeholders.
Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
Strategic planning and implementation.
Planning and operation of annual budget.
Serve as FoxG1 Foundation’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance FoxG1’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the Foundation.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
**Professional Qualifications Desirable **
A bachelor’s degree.
Transparent and high integrity leadership.
Five or more years senior non-profit management experience.
Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Benefits for Volunteers
- We provide references for all our volunteers. (Note – You need to volunteer for at least 4 months.)
- You will receive a volunteer certificate
- We provide mentorship and training for people who want a job or looking for a job
- We also provide people the skills to be competitive in the workforce
- The work the volunteer has done can be used as a portfolio piece
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
- Writing & Editing