About this opportunity
The Genealogy Volunteer plays an important role at the library and has the following responsibilities: • Assisting borrowers to use library and online resources to research their family history • Providing advice on various aspects of family history research. The Genealogy Volunteer may also be involved in: • Delivering group tutorials on family history topics in conjunction with library staff • Suggesting family history resources that could be added to the library collection. • Working with individuals on personal devices.
Driver's Licence (C) . Medical Check *.
The Genealogy Volunteer should possess the following attributes:
• Broad knowledge of family history resources and processes
• Passion for family history research
• Enjoys being part of the ‘library community’
• Good communication skills
• Good listening skills
• Reliability and integrity
• Ability to maintain confidentialities.
All hours are negotiable.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- IT & Web Development
Council Corporate and Fire Safety Training. COVID safety training. Site inductions