About this opportunity
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Graphic Designer to utilize your creativity to help contribute to a good cause!
Who we are:
FOXG1 Foundation Australia is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of FOXG1 and genetic diseases alike. By engaging in the education and research of FOXG1, we can better understand and essentially find treatments and preventative methods for diseases like autism, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, and Schizophrenia. We have a very warm and welcoming team who will provide you a platform to do amazing things and accomplish new skills.
About the role:
As a Graphic Designer, you will create visual concepts to communicate content that inspires and captivates our audience. The role will see you working with the marketing and social media team to create visual elements for advertising and marketing, as well as exposure to photography and video editing roles. The ideal candidate will be creative and innovative with sound knowledge and experience with design software, and ideally, video editing.
- Liaise with the team to determine layout and design needs.
- Create a range of illustrations for logos and content on our website.
- Proficiency to utilise a range of design/ video editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. to create graphic content.
- Design flyers, brochures, infographics, and other collateral to support FoxG1.
- Produce video content for digital promotional purposes including filming and editing.
- Assist with print promotional purposes including photography.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience and/or qualification within Graphic Design, marketing multi-media or similar (highly desirable)
- Ability to understand and work across print, digital, website and social media.
- HTML, GIF creation, photography OR video editing/filming skills will be highly regarded.
- Proficiency and knowledge of various design/ video editing software.
- Be a self-starter and use high level of initiative and independence.
- Enthusiastic and driven to make a difference!
Benefits for Volunteers
- Strive in a supportive team environment.
- We provide references for all our volunteers. (Note – You need to volunteer for at least 4 months.)
- You will receive a volunteer certificate
- We provide mentor-ship and training for people who want a job or looking for a job.
- We also provide people the skills to be competitive in the workforce.
- The work the volunteer has done can be used as a portfolio piece.
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Retail & Sales
- Writing & Editing