About this opportunity
We are seeking a dedicated and committed person to take over leading the Events Promotion Team at CCL Australia. I (Andrew) am looking to step down from this role to focus on other areas within CCL Australia. The Events Promotion Team Leader will be responsible for managing a team of 5 people and managing Event Promotion for all events each month. It will also include helping to design and send out emails to relevant CCL Members ahead of Monthly Meetings, as well as updating the Upcoming Events page on the website. We use the program Action Network for our bulk email send outs, and Wordpress for our website. Looking for someone who can commit to the role until at least December 2021.
LOCATION: Anywhere. This is an online role so can be carried out anywhere in the world.
TIME: 5 - 6 hours per week (preferably looking for a retiree or someone who has a decent amount of time available to give to the role)
The Events Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- leading an Events Promotion Team Meeting on the last Monday night of every month to prepare the team for Upcoming Events the next month
- assigning monthly events tasks to each member of the team
- hosting the Victoria Monthly meeting (1.5 hrs duration) on the 2nd Monday night of the month at 8:00pm AEDT
- checking the “Team Event Promotion” and “Team Events” Slack channels on a regular basis to attend to any issues
- gathering and collating information from each Event Owner about their upcoming event and entering that information into the CCL Australia Task List
- checking over Regional Events Promo emails for each event and then sending them to the appropriate CCL Members
- drafting and sending National Events Promo emails on the 1st and 2nd Wednesdays of the month
- checking over and maintenance of the “Upcoming Events” page on the website
To be successful in this role, the person will have:
• moderate skill in using computer programs • a high attention to detail • excellent writing and graphic design skills • ability to liaise and communicate well with others in the CCL Australia team. • a diligent, positive and enthusiastic management style • a passion for climate change, advocacy and Citizens’ Climate Lobby Australia
This is a role suited to a person with a great attention to detail, management and organisational skills and writing and design skills. Knowledge of the programs Action Network and Wordpress is desirable, but not necessary. Learning how to use these programs is very easy and straightforward.
The right person will enjoy being a part of the friendly CCL Australia Events Promotion team.
5 – 6 hours per weekSuitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Writing & Editing