About this opportunity
Main activities • Identifying process improvement opportunities across the organisation. • Leading process design/redesign activities and developing implementation/change management plans. • Managing relationships with stakeholders throughout the organisation and providing guidance and support on operational and process quality principles. • Coordinating and conducting internal process audits and compliance reviews to measure conformity to internal and external requirements and ensure required corrective action or business improvement opportunities are followed up. • Reporting on process improvement initiatives and audits. • Maintaining and improving the corrective action system, to ensure problems are recorded and preventative and corrective actions are identified and implemented effectively and timely with outstanding issues monitored.
Key skills • Broad knowledge of work processes and quality system requirements. • Knowledge of the importance of process and sound commercial practice. • Demonstrated initiative and proactivity. • Ability to develop innovative controls to reduce risk and fraud. • Strong written, verbal, communicating, and influencing skills. • Excellent knowledge of process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, Kaizen, etc.
Internal contacts Management, Audit, Compliance, and Legal employees.
Typical experience At least 5-7 years’ experience in quality, operations, or project management, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications. May have certification in process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, Kaizen, etc.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement