About this opportunity
Main activities • Liaising with senior staff within client organisations regarding the provision of computing services within negotiated contractual obligations for a program or group of projects. • Drawing up a project plan for approval by the customer. • Controlling system design and project planning activities are related to large systems development. • Maintaining and controlling cost, schedule, and quality of project activities to run on a budget, time and meet agreed customer requirements. • Managing phases of software development including requirement analysis, system design, specification, development, testing, and implementation. • Managing installation/Field testing of developed systems.
Key skills • Ability to lead and manage professional staff, contractors, and teams. • Project/Program management of smaller projects/programs. • Experience with a project management methodology. • Ability to meet tight schedules and cost targets without compromising customer requirements. • General business management.
Internal contacts Senior Management, Financial and Accounting staff, Technical Support Staff, Sales Management staff.
External contacts Major customers/Users at all levels within client sites.
Typical experience Tertiary level education with 2-3+ years’ experience in a technical field, information technology, systems integration, consulting, development.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement