About this opportunity
Main activities • Working as part of a research team in the preparation of projects, including study design and literature reviews. • Liaising with project participants and focus groups. • Planning and participating in the collection and collation of data. • Contributing to progress reports, record maintenance, and other written documentation. • Performing analytical or investigative tasks within the parameters of approved research programs. • Preparing reports, charts/graphs, and other associated documents to assist senior staff in making recommendations.
Key skills • Well developed analytical skills • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Internal contacts Other team members
External contacts Research participants
Typical experience 2-5+ years of experience in a related work environment, combined with a relevant tertiary qualification.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement