About this opportunity
Main activities • Monitoring, researching, and analysing social trends and developments in social policy affecting those experiencing disadvantages. • Analysing and developing policy advice. • Helping identify policy issues and develop solutions in collaboration with key internal stakeholders including senior management, operations, communications, and other members of the social policy and research team. • Preparing briefings, reports, submissions, correspondence, and articles. • Undertaking projects on relevant policy issues. • Assisting in the development and implementation of the organisation’s advocacy and influence agenda.
Key skills • Policy analysis and development skills and experience. • High level is written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write for a range of different audiences. • High quality analytical, research, and report writing skills. • Understanding of government decision and policy-making processes. • Understanding of social policy and service delivery issues in a human services environment.
Internal contacts Policy team, Client Services, Leadership, sales, and marketing team.
External contacts Government and external bodies.
Typical experience 3+ years’ experience in a community or government setting.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement