About this opportunity
Main activities • Assisting in the development of internal training courses in line with ongoing needs identified with management. • Conducting regular training sessions to ensure staff competence both in the controlled classroom-type environment and also in relation to the workplace. • Maintaining up-to-date records of training activities. • Assisting in identifying performance problem areas and recommending various training methods and development to improve performance. • Modifying training courses often using audio-visual training techniques. • Monitoring the effectiveness of training programmes to ensure requirements are being met.
Key skills • Organisational and communication skills. • Experience in developing training material and programmes and procedural documentation. • Training facilitation. • Appreciation of different learning styles.
Internal contacts Sales and Marketing, Customer Service, Client Services, HR.
External contacts Educational and training institutes, training consultancies.
Typical experience 2-5+ years of training experience with relevant qualifications (certificate or diploma). Previous experience as a Contact Centre Officer/Customer Service Representative.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Library Services
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement