About this opportunity
Main activities • Designing, enhancing, and maintaining the network and email system. Responsible for the design and daily operation of the back-up system. • Acting as an internal technical reference point for colleagues by providing telephone and basic face to face technical support to users regarding desktop/LAN issues. • Maintaining effective computer security including, firewall, patches, and viruses. • Providing operational support for existing and new desktop applications such as Microsoft operating systems and Office Suite, including monitoring the systems performance, diagnosing, and solving problems and training staff in the use of the applications and procedures. • Acting as an interface between suppliers/carriers/vendors and the organisation. May be involved in negotiation and administration of the organisation's outsourced contracts if required. • Operating within predetermined budgets and ensuring they are achieved through the effective management of resources. • Planning and forecasting equipment purchase and software development in relation to projected user requirements. • Designing, building, and maintaining the website and associated software and hardware systems. • Ensuring organisation's ongoing systems capabilities in the event of unforeseen disasters such as sabotage, natural disasters, and power outages. • Managing Disaster Recovery plans, including implementing procedures, plans and security.
Key skills • Thorough knowledge of Salesforce • Thorough knowledge of G-Suite • Thorough knowledge of WAN and LAN concepts, including detailed product knowledge. • Strong technical knowledge of desktop/LAN hardware and software. • Thorough knowledge of security policies and practices. • Good time management and communication skills. • Ability to manage multiple problems at once and prioritise issues.
Internal contacts All user Departments.
External contacts Equipment suppliers, software suppliers and consultants.
Typical experience 5-7+ years of IT experience, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement