About this opportunity
Main activities • Participating in major corporate decisions, particularly where IT has a major influence on the competitive advantage and profitability of the organisation. • Setting and controlling IT operational and development expenditures within budget. • Developing the forecasting and planning for equipment and software purchases in relation to projected user requirements. • Establishing and maintaining standards in relation to operations, programming, and security. • Participating in policymaking as a member of a senior management team.
Key skills • Requires people management and leadership abilities, together with professional standards of planning and budgeting. • May have formal business training in addition to technical experience.
Internal contacts Senior Management, all user departments, finance, and administration.
External contacts Suppliers of equipment and peripherals, software suppliers and consultants.
Typical experience 10+ years of experience in computing, and proven business and management skills.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement