About this opportunity
Main activities • Producing correspondence, memoranda, presentations, and reports both of a general and confidential nature on behalf of the CEO. • Organising business appointments and travel arrangements for the CEO. • Screening telephone calls, fielding inquires and requests, and escalating urgent matters for the CEO's attention. • Managing the CEO's diary and some personal matters. • Communicating on the CEO's behalf with the organisation's Executives, Executives of external organisations, Board members, suppliers, and clients. • Coordinating the organisation of executive-level business functions, lunches, and dinners.
Key skills • Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills. • Exceptional corporate presentation and excellent people management skills. • Ability to work autonomously, employ initiative to find solutions, prioritise and exercise discretion. • Excellent organisational and administration skills. • A proactive and flexible approach to work. • Ability to liaise at an executive level and to work under pressure.
Internal contacts Board Members and Staff at all levels.
External contacts Clients, Senior Executives from other organisations, Suppliers.
Typical experience At least 5+ years of experience as a Personal Assistant. Employees in this role may have completed relevant administrative qualifications.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement