About this opportunity
Main activities • Directing the development, implementation, and ongoing enhancement of organisational processes. • Contributing to the overall business direction and strategy by recommending improvements to customer service. • Preparing and analysing operational and management reports monitoring the effective delivery of organisational KPI's. • Reviewing financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity. Determining areas needing cost reduction and process improvement. • Managing the day to day running of the operations team. • Building relationships between the operations and support divisions and ensuring business units receive adequate operational support. • Ensuring that all customer enquiries are resolved in a timeframe that meets established service level agreements. • Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
Key skills • Excellent written and oral communication skills. • Excellent customer service skills. • Strong negotiation skills. • Ability to develop and implement a system, process, or procedure for effective utilisation of resources.
Internal contacts Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Operations team, Corporate Support Functions.
External contacts Suppliers, Clients/Customers.
Typical experience 5-10+ years of operations experience, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement