About this opportunity
Are you friendly and enjoy having a chat? As a volunteer, your role is to have a friendly chat with people who make contact on the telephone, talking about everyday topics. This is not a crisis intervention or counselling service. Volunteers will be provided support and training. You will answer incoming calls via a computer and have a friendly chat with people as well as completing simple data entry tasks online during your shift. Some of the skills and qualities we are looking for;
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Previous volunteer experience is desirable but not necessary
- Experience or willingness to learn about community organisations
- Basic IT proficiency
- National Police record check (we will complete through our system)
- Adhere to and promote the values and mission of Friends for Good
- Commitment to volunteering
Please note shifts will take place in our new Brisbane office in the CBD.
National Police Certificate *.
Volunteers are asked to do a minimum of one shift per fortnight (2-3 hours per shift). Shifts for our Brisbane office are between 9am until 7pm Monday to Friday.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Counselling & Help Line
- Seniors & Aged Care
We provide comprehensive training and ongoing support.