About this opportunity
Inala Community House (ICH) is a non-profit, non-government organisation which has been active in the community for over 50 years. ICH provides a range of services, programs and activities which aim to strengthen the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities in Inala and surrounding areas of Queensland.
Our programs include:
• My Place Family Day Care • Out of Home Care • Family Intervention • Healthy Ageing programs • NDIS • Settlement Engagement and Transition Services • Community Support / Neighbourhood Centre • A range of community programs and events
We currently have 4 board members who are passionate about supporting and strengthening the local community and we are seeking additional members who can share in this vision.
Board meetings are held on a fortnightly basis on Monday at 4.30pm. These meetings are usually 1 – 1.5 hours.
All Board members must be eligible to hold positions in accordance with ACNC and the Corporations Act 2001 requirements. Board members are also required to undergo and maintain a range of suitability and screening checks.
As a Board member, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those in the community. You will be able to use your knowledge and skills to create a positive change and strengthen the capacities of people from all walks of life.
As a Board member, you will have the opportunity to learn about a range of different fields and learn new skills in areas such as effective governance, budgeting, finance, strategic planning, change management and leadership.
You will also have the opportunity to support and advocate for causes which you are passionate about.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Personal and Criminal History Checks
• Yellow Cards (or NDIS Worker Screening once available)
• National Personal Insolvency Index Search
• ASIC Historical Personal Name Search
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Governance, Boards & Committees