About this opportunity
MiCare is a non-for-profit organisation who provides services to people from a range of ethnic backgrounds. We are proud to be a culturally and linguistically diverse organisation that assist people from a non-Australian background by respecting their culture, history, language, tastes and stories.
We are looking for Filipino-speaking volunteers who are willing to make a difference on an elderly Filipina woman’s life by paying regular visits to talk or share in a simple leisure activity every fortnight or week, reducing his social isolation and improving well-being.
National Police Certificate *.
We would like you to:
1. Commit for at least 12 months (your prolonged service would be appreciated)
2. Undertake Police Check (at the cost of MiCare)
3. Provide two contactable references
4. Receive training, orientation and ongoing support
Minimum fortnightly visits for a minimum of 12 monthsType of work
- Companionship & Social Support
Orientation and support offeredReimbursement