About this opportunity
Tasks and duties
- Providing advice and assistance on HR policies, projects and procedures.
- Assisting the HR Manager in recruitment activities such as preparing job descriptions, advertising roles and conducting interviews.
- Overseeing the onboarding of new staff and assisting in the development of onboarding procedures.
- Preparing reports for the HR Manager and maintaining employee records.
- Developing training and development programs.
- Assisting with performance management processes and devising staff remuneration, rewards and recognition and wellbeing programs.
- Dealing with workplace relations issues such as complaints, conflicts, grievances and misconduct.
- Coordinating workplace health and safety initiatives.
- Organising counselling or support for staff members dealing with a workplace accident or personal trauma.
- Reviewing employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Managing staff succession planning.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per week (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement