About this opportunity
Main activities • Provide Business Units and Senior Management with financial tracking & advice against profit & loss performance. • Enhance processes to achieve more accurate and timely information for Business Units to free up resources for more value-added work. • Modelling and evaluation of the financial assumptions and implications of business unit projects/initiatives. • Develop management reporting systems and accounting methods in order to improve existing financial management reporting system and budget variance reporting. • Preparation of Business Unit budgets and provision of information for inclusion in business unit Strategic Plans. • Collating information from the operating divisions and consolidating into various high-level management reports mostly on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. • Provide leadership, motivation, coaching, resources, and tools for a department of accounting professionals
Key skills • Skills in forecasting and control of liquidity. • Ability to analyse and communicate financial information. • Advanced knowledge of accounting theory, practice, and internal control. • Superior communication and negotiations skills required for regular interactions with senior management.
Internal contacts Accounts Department, Functional Managers.
External contacts External Auditors, Government Officials, Bank Officials, Customers and Suppliers.
Typical experience At least 8 years of relevant experience in the full range of Management Accounting activities - including general accounting, financial analysis and management reporting. Will have completed CPA/CA.
Our Not-for-Profit Organisation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). Preference may be given during selection to suitably qualified applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Music & Entertainment
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement