About this opportunity
Main activities • Researching Grants from all available sources and liaising with various government departments, quasi-government and private sector organisations for the purposes of securing an understanding of the process of application and how the organisation can satisfy the necessary requirements. • Researching and writing Grant applications, tenders and proposals, working with internal and external parties where necessary. • Generating funds through applications for Grants in order to successfully meet predetermined monetary goals. • Developing a centralised information database to identify and track funding opportunities available to the organisation. Regularly updating relevant records to reflect the status of all Grant applications, tender and proposals and funds obtained. • Developing and updating a set of guidelines and a manual that documents policies and procedures for identifying funding opportunities and applying for funds/Grants. • Building sustainable working relationships with funders.
Key skills • Excellent communication skills including demonstrated Grant, tender, proposal and report writing skills. • Research skills. • Ability to determine the worth of available funding options and to apply independent and innovative approaches to pursuing one or more options. • Ability to recognise and critically assess issues impacting the organisation's funding opportunities, to consider alternatives and to provide recommendations. • Detailed understanding of the Grants application process within the Non-Government Organisations (NGO) sector. • Negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to liaise with people from a diverse range of backgrounds. • Relationship building skills.
Internal contacts Marketing & Communications Staff, Finance & Administration Staff.
**External contacts **Government Departments, Quasi-Government Organisations, Private Sector Organisations.
Typical experience 7+ years of relevant experience, coupled with tertiary qualifications.
Our Not-for-Profit Organisation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). Preference may be given during selection to suitably qualified applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per week (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement