About this opportunity
Main activities • Develop, implement, monitor and report on new fundraising activities to broaden, strengthen and professionalise the total fundraising mix to achieve revenue targets. • Initiate and build integrated one to one fundraising programs, including direct marketing (acquisition and appeals); bequests; high net worth individuals; trusts and foundations • Effectively and professionally recruit, lead, manage, monitor and develop the fundraising team • Develop and manage consistent, high-quality donor care, communications and retention program across all touchpoints of the organisation. • Brand development portfolio- management of brand advertising, positioning and communication of the brand. • Build and maintain close and positive working relationships with the different business areas and utilise output from those areas to increase fundraising effectiveness. • Introduce and monitor account management practices to retain and expand the portfolio of high-value cause-related marketing corporate partners. Work closely with the CEO, Marketing and Communications, to add value to such partnerships. • Budgeting and forecasting - ensure return on investment, monitoring and reporting of all fundraising and marketing activity via concise management reporting.
Key skills • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal • Proven leadership and management capability • Effective leadership and people management skills. • Working Knowledge in managing budgets and forecasting. • Working knowledge and comprehensive understanding of different roles of media. • Strong customer service ethic.
Internal contacts CEO, Marketing, Operations and Database manager
External contacts Major Donors and Marketing corporate partners
Typical experience At least 10 years of related experience (preferably within the NGO sector) coupled with tertiary qualifications (typically in marketing, communications or journalism)
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Library Services
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Music & Entertainment
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement