About this opportunity
Main activities • Providing strategic direction, leading, managing and directing all operational activities of the organisation. • Accountability for the overall profitability of the operational activities of the organisation. • Ensuring all corporate and business unit strategies and plans are aligned, reviewed and successfully implemented - taking remedial action where necessary. • Building relationships between the operations and support divisions and ensuring the business units receive adequate operational support. • Providing support and assistance to the CEO on corporate and group issues where required. • Communicating with the CEO to ensure he/she remains fully informed of all significant operating issues. • Acting, as required or in the absence of the CEO, as the chief spokesperson for the organisation. • Directing and motivating subordinate managers to achieve agreed targets. • Managing and motivating all divisional employees.
Key skills • Proven management experience at a senior level. • Financial management/reporting and analysis skills. • Strategic planning and resource management skills. • Strong leadership and motivational ability.
Internal contacts Functional and divisional managers and all subordinate staff, Board of Directors, other members of the Executive and Senior Management teams, corporate support functions, all levels of employees.
External contacts Major suppliers and clients/customers, Government departments and authorities, legal advisers, auditors, and the media (where necessary).
Typical experience At least 10 - 12 years relevant management and operational experience coupled with tertiary level qualifications.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per week (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Research, Policy & Analysis
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.