About this opportunity
A much loved not for profit organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage for over 130 years, is seeking Volunteers to join their enthusiastic and dedicated team at their distribution centre in Auburn. Volunteers are the lifeblood of this Organisation and without them they couldn't run their services.
The Volunteer Warehouse Driver's role is to empty donation bins, load and unload the Organisation’s vans and donor vehicles and deliver donated goods into their shops. This role is vital in keeping their shops well stocked and operational, in turn generating revenue for their broad range of services that support the community and the Good Work of this organisation.
About the Role:
- Drive the Organisation’s vehicles to deliver goods to stores and customers and to pick-up donations
- Load and unload both Organisation’s and donor vehicles
- Empty donation bins
- Stock movement as required
- Provide excellent customer service
- General manual handling
- Complete paperwork and documents accurately, including stocktakes, delivery notes and stock movements
- Assist with cleaning and keeping the distribution centre tidy, whilst maintaining safe work practices
- Training provided including workplace health and safety and childsafe awareness
- Volunteers are required for a minimum of one 4 hour shift per week, during business hours, Monday-Friday
- Hold a Current, valid Driver’s Licence - Minimum LR
- Complete all required training, orientation and induction
- Respectful, non-judgemental and compassionate
- Reliable, punctual and display a positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills
- Work as part of a team and professionally represent the public face of the Organisation
- Physically fit, with manual handling experience
- Able to lift up to 15kgs of bagged items in and out of the vehicle, furniture items etc
- Volunteers are required to provide a Working with Children Check and complete a National Criminal History Check
The warehouse team are a close knit and friendly bunch, so why not make new friends while doing something worthwhile to help your community. Please express your interest, we would love to hear from you!
Driver's Licence (LR) . Heavy Lifting . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Must be over 18
Minimum 4 hour shift per week, business hours, Monday-FridaySuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Driving & Transportation
- Retail & Sales
Training, orientation and ongoing support provided