About this opportunity
Cancer Council WA has a commitment to providing people affected by cancer, their families and carers with support to enhance their feelings of wellbeing and quality of life.
We are seeking a qualified Complementary Touch Based Therapist to administer Cancer Council WA approved complementary touch based therapy to people affected by cancer.
The Complementary Therapy program operates weekly or fortnightly and aims to offer a range of approved complementary therapies, in this case Reflexology, to clients by appointment.
Under the guidance of the Cancer Support Coordinator, the main tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Comply with Cancer Council Complementary Touch Based Therapy policy, guidelines and protocols • Deliver chosen therapy within this framework • Meet time and duty commitments • Complete consent and medical history client forms • Respect client confidentiality • Complete reporting documents • Maintain regular contact with and provide feedback to supervisor • Report concerns regarding client suitability or condition
National Police Certificate *.
• Certificate IV Reflexology or Certificate IV Clinical Reflexology or higher
• Be eligible to be a practitioner member of a Reflexology or Complementary Therapy Association that has a code of conduct, ethics and disciplines for 12 months or more.
• 50 hours of Reflexology experience (documented or completion of a statutory declaration)
This supportive care program will operate at the Hills Hub at Midland weekly or fortnightly, from Tuesday to Thursday, for a minimum of 2 hours per week or 4 hours per fortnight. Hours are negotiable depending on demand and therapists’ availability.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Trades & Maintenance