About this opportunity
Castlemaine Savation Army Thrift Shop is a friendly, welcoming place to volunteer. We offer volunteers a sociable and inclusive volunteering environment, where you can meet other people, build work skills and make a positive contribution.
Duties can include:
- Serving customers in a friendly and helpful manner
- Receiving, sorting and pricing donated goods
- Displaying and rotating goods for sale in the store
- Operating the till and counting shop takings with the Shift Supervisor
- Ensuring the store is clean, tidy and is not cluttered for the safety of Customers and Volunteers.
- Undertaking daily tasks as delegated by the Team Leader/Assistant Team Leader or Day Supervisor.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Volunteers needed for afternoon shifts.
Weekdays and weekends, afternoons preferred.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Companionship & Social Support
- Retail & Sales
Induction and orientation